USA Today listed six things to watch for in tonight’s Republican presidential candidates’ debate.
- Whether Donald Trump will be hurt by attacks from the other candidates.
- Whether the presence of a woman, Carly Fiorina, will change the tone of the debates.
- Whether Jeb Bush can put an “exclamation point” into his performance.
- How many times the candidates will invoke Ronald Reagan.
- Whether Hugh Hewitt will trip up any of the candidates with foreign policy questions.
- Whether any of the candidates, especially the minor ones, will eliminate themselves from competition.
All interesting questions. But what do any of them have to do with making an informed choice as a Republican voter?