Glenn Greenwald, on The Intercept, said pretty well everything that needs to be said about President Trump’s attack on Syria.
- New wars will strengthen Trump: as they do for every leader.
- Democrats’ jingoistic rhetoric has left them no ability — or desire — to oppose Trump’s wars.
- In wartime, US television instantly converts into state media.
- Trump’s bombing is illegal, but presidents are now omnipotent.
- How can those who view Trump as an inept fascist now trust him to wage war?
- Like all good conspiracy theories, no evidence can kill the Kremlin-controls-Trump tale.
- The fraud of humanitarianism works every time for (and on) American elites.
- Support for Trump’s bombing shows two toxic U.S. conceits: “Do something” and “Look strong.”
- Obama’s refusal to bomb Assad hovers over everything.
- None of this disproves, obviously, that Hillary Clinton was also a dangerous hawk.
The Spoils of War: Trump Lavished With Media and Bipartisan Praise for Bombing Syria by Glenn Greenwald for The Intercept. Hat tip to peteybee.